VoIP can be a great option for many businesses, big and small. But not everyone understands what it is and how it works. Here is a beginner’s guide to VoIP.
What is VoIP?
VoIP or Voice over Internet Protocol is a term used for making voice calls over the internet. Voice data is converted into digital packages and sent out via the internet, as with emails.
VoIP calls can be between VoIP users, with a landline or a mobile phone. In the case of a landline or a mobile, the VoIP call is ‘converted’ along the way and so ends up as a ‘traditional’ phone call.
Along with a whole host of benefits of IP telephony (the collective term for VoIP services), the facility also allows for the use of a range of features that you would typically associate with a traditional business phone system. This includes call transfer, forwarding and hold, call conferencing, mobile office plus many more.
Why choose VoIP over a traditional phone system?
While a PBX phone system still has a place in the office, VoIP might be the better route for your business. Here are just some of the additional benefits:
• Cost effective – with hosted VoIP there is no major hardware investment required
• Free calls between users of the hosted platform
• Easy and quick to set up and install – all you need is a suitable data connection and you are not dependent on Openreach to set up a new line – ideal for moving into a new office quickly
• Peace of mind with Automatic Disaster Recovery – in emergencies, calls can be re-routed to mobiles or other offices without customers knowing
• Great for networking for multi-site businesses
• Easy call re-routing – you can advertise a telephone number which is routed to any office or homeworker in the UK
You need an internet connection that has the capacity to takes data and phone calls. MF Communications can test this for you before placing an order. If your connection is not suitable we can find an alternative solution for your business.
VoIP with MF Communications
MF Communications’ experienced team will help you decide whether or not VoIP is actually right for your business. If it is, then we can offer a great package as well as some additional benefits and as always, our excellent customer service:
• Offer a fully managed service – we manage the network for you
• Disaster Recovery Planning – we can help you put a back-up plan in place
• Excellent customer service – a person answers the phone, we don’t have a call centre and we aim to resolve your issue as quickly and efficiently as possible
• Fast response time for faults
• Keep existing numbers where possible
Is VoIP right for your business?
Find out more about VoIP on our website or contact us on 01892 514687 for a quote and to see if it is a suitable option for you.