The earth’s environment is under severe stress from uncontrolled human activity.
MF Communications accepts it must play its part in the preservation of the planet and as such, we have adopted an environmental sustainability policy at all levels of our operations.
We are taking measures to minimise our impact on the environment and at the same time, making sure we maximise the effective use of our resources. We aim to increase communication and awareness of our efforts, whilst also fostering responsible environmental behaviour amongst staff, volunteers, and users at all levels.
As an organisation, we are committed to complying with applicable law in all of our operations. We also aim to develop robust and documented systems to implement, measure, monitor, and disseminate excellent environmental performance both within our operations and among the broader community.
Our Environmental Sustainability Policy aims to integrate a philosophy of sustainable development into all the organisation’s activities and to establish and promote sound environmental practice in our operations.
Ways in which we can minimise environmental impact:
• Providing a safe and healthful workplace;
• Having an environmentally sustainable aware culture, where responsibility is assigned and understood;
• Being an environmentally responsible neighbour in our community;
• Conserving natural resources by reusing and recycling;
• Using, in our own operations, processes that do not adversely affect the environment;
• Ensuring the responsible use of energy throughout the organisation;
• Participating in efforts to improve environmental protection and understanding;
• Taking steps to improve environmental performance continually;
• Conducting rigorous audits, evaluations, and self-assessments of the implementation of this policy;
• Working with suppliers who promote sound environmental practices; and
• Enhancing awareness among our employees, volunteers, and users – educating and motivating them to act in an environmentally responsible manner.
In order to do this, MF Communications will:
1. Develop guidelines for staff, volunteers and users to adopt sound environmental work practices, and adequate training will be provided to ensure these practices are carried out.
2. Act responsibly to correct incidents or conditions that endanger health, safety, or the environment. It will promptly report any such incidents to the relevant authorities, and inform affected parties as appropriate.
3. Use reasonable endeavours to reuse and recycle materials, purchase recycled materials, and use recyclable packaging and other materials.
4. Use all reasonable endeavours to that its services and products are safe, efficient in their use of energy, protective of the environment, and able to be reused, recycled or disposed of safely.
5. Use all reasonable endeavours to minimise materials and energy use, prevent air, water, and other pollution, and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
6. Use all reasonable endeavours to conserve energy by improving energy efficiency and giving preference to renewable over non-renewable energy sources when feasible.
7. Use reasonable endeavours to, utilise its particular knowledge and experience to contribute to environmentally sustainable techniques, technology, knowledge and methods.
8. Use all reasonable endeavours to contribute to the maintenance and increase of biodiversity through its management of its landholdings.
9. Use all reasonable endeavours to meet or exceed all applicable government requirements and voluntary requirements generally observed in its field, and will, in addition, adhere to the more stringent requirements of its own environmental policy.
10. Continually improve its environmental management system and use all reasonable endeavours to conduct audits and self-assessments of its compliance with this policy.
11. Will maintain an open and honest dialogue with staff, volunteers, stakeholders, and the public about the environmental, health and safety performance of its operations and services.
12. Use reasonable endeavours to ensure that every employee, volunteer and contractor is informed of and expected to follow this policy and to report any environmental, health, or safety concern to management so that prompt action may be taken.