There are lots of things to think about when starting up a business, but telecoms and the way you communicate with your customers should be at the top of your priority list.
Which number should customers call?
You may start up your business from home, but do you really want to use your home number to give out as your main point of contact? This invites unwanted callers to the family home and means people can contact you any time of the day and even weekends, interrupting your family time.
Research suggests 30% of people do not trust a mobile number if given on a business card. This is particularly true if you offer professional services. So, what’s the alternative?
Inbound Telephone Numbers allow you to manage your incoming business calls more effectively by routing calls directly to the right person.
You can choose a regional code to reach local markets or a non-geographic number for one national contact option. Unlike standard business phone numbers, non-geographic numbers (NGNs), such as those beginning with 0800 or 0808, are not assigned to a particular geographic location, are free of charge from all operators in the UK including mobiles, and can be routed to any landline or mobile, which we can easily and quickly update for you, giving your business full control and flexibility of incoming call management.
Customer service – in terms of future growth of your business, there is no need to change your number if you move office.
Be memorable – choose easy to remember numbers for advertising campaigns.
Streamlining all your contracts for phone lines, broadband and mobile.
Having all your telecoms services provided by one company, not only ensures it will be cheaper for you, it is also much easier to manage.
What should you look for in a contract?
Check the length of the contract. Does it roll over automatically? Are you getting the best deal? Does the company offer the telecoms services you need?
Make sure your telecoms are business-grade and not for home use.
• Save time and money – MF Communications will analyse your current bill, and continue to monitor it once you have switched to us, to ensure you are on the best tariff for your business’ usage
• Easy to manage – have one consolidated bill and access to our bill management portal
• Customer support – support line answered by a person, and not a call centre
• Peace of mind – take advantage of the relationships we have built up with partners and suppliers to offer our customers a reliable service at the best price we can
• Additional services – find out how to make your customer service and business processes better with additional services such as Call Recording and Inbound Telephone Numbers
Which phone system should I use?
Most business phones are not plug-and-play and require a system.
A Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) system is perfect for small startups. It is cost-effective, with calls being made over the internet instead of via a public switch telephone network (PSTN).
VoIP is suitable for business with a data line which has a resilient data connection with at least 100k upload speed per user/call. Installing VoIP phones on Low-Grade Broadband connections will cause Packet loss and dropped calls.
• Quick and easy setup and installation – avoid expensive start-up costs
• Automatic Disaster Recovery – in emergencies, calls can be re-routed to mobiles or other offices without customers knowing
• Great for networking multi-site businesses – one system is needed for multiple sites
• Scalable – easily adjust the number of users without the need to upgrade
• Easy to manage – manage functionality settings in-house giving you control and saving time
• Future proof – a system that can grow with your business
The most important thing for a small business or start-up is to use a company you trust. It is not always the best option to go for the cheapest on offer. Shop around, check customer testimonials and ensure you are in partnership with a company that will support you with not only good service but with continued support and advice.
Contact us, or call 01892 514687 and we will be more than happy to advise.