Fax machines are still an important part of doing business. Industries that deal with legal documents, for example, rely on faxing between clients. However, just because you receive faxes, this doesn’t mean that you need to own and operate a fax machine yourself.
There are disadvantages to fax machines:
- They can be a costly piece of hardware to invest in
- They incur other costs, such as paper, toner and maintenance
- A fax machine connects to a phone line and therefore incurs line rental. Port your number to Email2fax and the line rental is half price. Paper can often become jammed
- Faxes can easily be lost, or filed and forgotten
- You can never be sure of the security of the document you send, if it is left sitting in the fax machine, for example
- Sending a fax can be a lengthy process, with the requirement to produce and print a cover sheet taking up time
- Receiving marketing spam faxes is not only annoying, but also a waste of paper.
The alternative for the modern technological age is electronic faxing. Apart from the obvious advantage of getting rid of the old, dusty fax machine that takes up space in the corner of your office, there are other benefits:
- You can get a document faxed straight to your email inbox, allowing you to file it so that it doesn’t get lost. You can save it in whatever format you need, as well as edit, if necessary.
- Legal documents and contracts, etc. that are produced on the computer, can be faxed to a client without the need for printing first. This limits paper wastage at your end
- Faxes can be sent and received from anywhere in the world, wherever you have an internet connection.
Using the Email2fax service, each individual member of staff can have a fax-to-email number (0843 prefix, free of charge). They can display this number on their email signatures for contacts to fax them directly, they will receive the fax and an email attachment.
How does it work?
Sending Faxes from your email – We set up your email on our server so that you can simply attach a PDF or Word document and email it straight to the desired fax number. It’s as easy as that.
Whilst faxing is still an integral part of business communications, there is no longer a need for the traditional fax machine. With companies addressing the environmental impact of their organisations, this is just one way of reducing paper consumption and ink related pollution, as well as conserving energy.
If you would like more information about setting up Email2fax with MF Communications, please contact us.